Crisp Greek Salad
This crisp Greek Salad is full of flavor. Cucumber, bell peppers, red onion, tomatoes, and olives add texture and color.
Servings: 6 Print Recipe
For the salad:
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cucumber, chopped to ½ inch pieces
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped to ½ - 1 inch pieces
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped to ½ - 1 inch pieces
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced, then chopped to 1 - ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in thirds or fourths
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 Tbsp feta, fresh, crumbled from a block
For the dressing:
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Vegenaise, or mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp oregano, dried
- Dash of ground black pepper
- Additional feta, to preference
Make the dressing
To a small mixing bowl, add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and Vegenaise. Whisk with a fork until it comes together and emulsifies.
Now add the garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper. Whisk again, until the seasonings are fully incorporated into the oil mixture.
Let the dressing sit for five minutes.
Combine the dressing, vegetables, and feta
No more than a half hour before serving, pour the dressing over the veggies, then add the feta. Toss everything together a few times with a fork.
Let sit for at least five minutes.
Compile the salad and serve
Divide the romaine between 4-6 plates, and spoon a few Tbsp of the vegetable/dressing mixture over the top of each. Sprinkle with additional feta, if desired, and serve.
This salad is vegetarian. This salad is gluten-free. This salad is vegan if you omit the feta. To serve the salad over two days, divide the romaine, veggies and dressing in half. On day 1, dress half of the veggies in half of the dressing. Serve over half of the romaine. On day 2, dress the second half of the veggies with the second half of the dressing. Serve over the remaining romaine.