Vegan Gnocchi with Basil Vinaigrette & Artichoke
You'd never guess this vegan gnocchi dish, with basil vinaigrette and roasted artichoke, comes together in under 30 minutes! Print Recipe
For the basil vinaigrette:
- ½ cup olive oil, I recommend PJ KABOS
- 2 cups basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Vegenaise, or mayonnaise if you’re not keeping this vegan
- 28-34 oz gnocchi, I usually use 2 packages of Nocca Gnocchi, or 2 packages of the dry gnocchi at Trader Joe's (not the one in the freezer section)
- ½ cup grilled artichokes, chopped (I like Trader Joe’s Grilled Artichoke)
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Pine nuts, to garnish (optional)
- Parmesan or nutritional yeast, to garnish (optional, use nutritional yeast to keep this meal vegan)
Make the gnocchi
To make this an under 30 minute meal, start by making the gnocchi according to package instructions.
My favorite method for making gnocchi: place the gnocchi in a large pot, fill the pot with water—water level should be 3-4 inches below the top of the pot—and bring to a boil. The gnocchi is finished cooking when it all rises to the top of the water, about 2-3 minutes.
Make the vinaigrette
While waiting for the gnocchi to cook, make the vinaigrette.
Add the olive oil, garlic, basil, salt, and Vegenaise to your food processor/blending apparatus of choice.
Pulse to get things going, then process until the basil and garlic are small flecks and everything has emulsified.
Bring it all together
Once the gnocchi finishes cooking, drain it, and put it back in the pot.
Pour about ¾ of the basil vinaigrette over the gnocchi. With a spatula, gently stir to incorporate.
Now add the tomatoes and grilled artichoke. Gently fold them into the gnocchi.
Tasate, and add more basil vinaigrette, or a little fleur de sel, if desired.
Serve and enjoy!
Garnish each serving with pine nuts and Parmesan/nutritional yeast, if desired.
Serve with arugula and fried chickpeas, or your favorite meat substitute. Enjoy!
This meal is vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free. If you don’t mind the meal not being vegan, you can substitute mayonnaise for the Vegenaise, and garnish with Parmesan instead of nutritional yeast. This meal comes together in under 30 minutes!!!!!