Tuscan Veggie Sausage & Roasted Grapes
Enjoy my Tuscan Veggie Sausage and Roasted Grapes this week, and I guarantee you’ll find yourself making this showstopping meal again and again!
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
For the veggie sausage & grapes
- 4-7 veggie sausages cut to ½ inch rounds, I prefer Trader Joe’s Veggie Italian Sausage or Beyond Meat’s Hot Italian Sausage. (Use 4 sausages if using Beyond Meat, as these are bigger than other sausage link brands.)
- 2 cups grapes, washed
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic
For the Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds potatoes, peeled, preferably Dutch or Yukon Gold
- ¼ cup milk, (use a plant-based milk to keep these potatoes vegan; I use Unsweetened Almond Milk)
- 2 Tbsp butter or Earth Balance, (or olive oil)
- 2 Tbsp mascarpone or vegan cream cheese, (or omit, but using mascarpone or vegan cream cheese makes these potatoes extra creamy!)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Arugula or Spinach, for serving
Boil the Potatoes
If you plan to make this meal with my Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes, I recommend getting those potatoes boiling first!
Bring the potatoes to a boil in a large soup pot of water. There should be at least 1 inch of water above the potatoes. Boil for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft, and a fork goes easily through when the potatoes are pricked.
Note: if using large potatoes, I recommend cutting them in half before boiling so they cook faster!
While the potatoes boil, roast the sausage, onions, and grapes!
Prepare the sausage, grapes, and onion
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
Place the sausage, grapes, red onion, salt, and pepper on a standard-sized baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the top, and toss everything in the olive oil with you hands until evenly coated.
Roast the sausage, grapes, and onion
Roast for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, take the sheet pan out of the oven, and flip everything with your spatula so a different side of each sausage, grape, and onion is touching the baking sheet. Don’t worry if not everything turns over, this can be a very casual flip.
Put the sheet pan back in the oven, and roast for another 8-12 minutes, until the sausage is cooked through and slightly browned. (The roasting time will vary by a few minutes depending on the type of veggie sausage you use, so star with 8 minutes, and roast longer if needed.)
Back to the Potatoes!
Once the potatoes are cooked through and a fork goes easily through each potato when pricked, drain the potatoes, and put them back in the pot.
To the pot, add the milk, butter, mascarpone, and salt.
With a handheld mixer, mix the potatoes on medium speed until completely smooth, and the butter and mascarpone are completely incorporated.
Potatoes are done!
This meal is vegan if you follow my vegan ingredient instructions in the mashed potatoes. This meal is gluten free if you use a gluten-free veggie sausage, like Beyond Meat.